Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
No one would believe that these irresistable cookies start with cake mix! These are so quick and yummy and you can color the filling to go with any occasion! Picture a soft and chewy OREO :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cakes mixes, eggs and oil.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, flatten slightly with back of spoon or fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, until smooth and spreadable.
- Color with a few drops of food coloring, if desired, for any occasion.
- Spread half of the cookies with filling and top with remaining cookies.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
We've been making these for years...we color the filling red and green for Christmas and always share with friends and family. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Kids love to help make these, too.
This recipe has been a favorite treat for years. I have been making them since I was a teenager and they never last long when I do. I originally got the recipe from Taste of Home. They look so pretty that a friend of mine was sure I bought them at a store when I took them to a Christmas party a few years ago, and they couldn't be easier to make. Thanks for posting. : )
These were great and very easy to make. DH and I loved just the cookie as the frosting in the middle makes them VERY sweet. The kids LOVE the frosting & cookie combo...I made sandwiches out of half and lest the rest unfrosted....great!