Recipe by Karen=^..^=
No one would believe that these irresistable cookies start with cake mix! These are so quick and yummy and you can color the filling to go with any occasion! Picture a soft and chewy OREO :)
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
I've made cake mix cookies many times before with the cookie portion of this recipe and they always turn out great. I only bake mine 6-7 minutes though. I did make homemade frosting using my own recipes. I used some leftover oreo frosting and then I made a batch of cherry frosting. Both ways the sandwiches taste fantastic! I got 83 cookies, or 41 sandwiches.
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups confectioners' sugar
- food coloring, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cakes mixes, eggs and oil.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, flatten slightly with back of spoon or fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, until smooth and spreadable.
- Color with a few drops of food coloring, if desired, for any occasion.
- Spread half of the cookies with filling and top with remaining cookies.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.