1/3 Photos of Soft Molasses Spice Cookies
1 hr 50 mins
The description in the Robin Hood Cookbook where this recipe came from was that in 1880 a young man would take his sweetheart to the restaurant and offer her the usual treat: spruce beer and molasses hands - so called because handfulls of cookie dough were put on sheets to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, soda, salt and spices in a bowl and mix well to blend.
- 2Combine sugar, oil, molasses, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Add flour mixture gradually.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- 7Roll out portions of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 8Cut with a floured 2 1/2" cookie cutter or your favourite shaped cookie cutters.
- 9Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
- 11When cool store in tightly covered metal container.
- 12Prep time includes chilling time.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g