Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best soft molasses cookie I've ever eaten!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cream butter or margarine and gradually blend in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Add sour cream alternately with sifted dry ingredients. (May substitute 3/4 cup undiluted evaporated milk with 3/4 Tablespoon vinegar for the sour cream.)
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cookies can be iced with a mixture of confectioners' sugar and milk or just sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
This is a fantastic soft cookie. Loved it!
Very easy to make and quick bake time. Soft and light with a tiny bit of crunch on the bottom. If you're looking for a chewy cookie, this is not it! More of a cake type texture - very tasty.