Soft Molasses Cookies & Icing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cream butter or margarine and gradually blend in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Add sour cream alternately with sifted dry ingredients. (May substitute 3/4 cup undiluted evaporated milk with 3/4 Tablespoon vinegar for the sour cream.)
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cookies can be iced with a mixture of confectioners' sugar and milk or just sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.