Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Make and share this Soft Molasses Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugars until light colored and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and eggs; set mixture aside.
- In another large bowl, combine flour (no need to sift), salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Blend thoroughly with wire whisk.
- Gradually mix flour mixture into creamed ingredients until dough is blended and smooth.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Dip tops in granulated sugar; place 2 1/2- inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 11 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To keep cookies soft and chewy, store in a tightly covered container along with slices of raw apple between layers.
- These cookies also freeze beautifully.