1/3 Photos of Soft Molasses Cookies
Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup softened butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugars until light colored and fluffy.
- 3Beat in molasses and eggs; set mixture aside.
- 4In another large bowl, combine flour (no need to sift), salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- 5Blend thoroughly with wire whisk.
- 6Gradually mix flour mixture into creamed ingredients until dough is blended and smooth.
- 7Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- 8Dip tops in granulated sugar; place 2 1/2- inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake at 350° for 11 minutes.
- 10Do not overbake.
- 11Cool on wire rack.
- 12To keep cookies soft and chewy, store in a tightly covered container along with slices of raw apple between layers.
- 13These cookies also freeze beautifully.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g