1/30 Photos of Soft Molasses Cookies
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
OK, Your cookie jar will be SO empty when you make these. Even better the day after. Very ADDICTIVE !!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup shortening (3/4 cup correct amount)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar (reserved for coating raw dough balls)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (see note below)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- 2Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
- 3Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
- 4Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
- 7Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
- 9Leave on sheet one minute until set.
- 10I changed the amount of salt in here. My original recipe calls for 1 tsp of salt but that may be too much for some. A few people have made it as is (the majority) with no complaints on salt, however a few commented it was too much. I think 1/2 tsp can be used with no alterations to the recipe. I will leave it up to you either way you still WIN !
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g