Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Absolutely gorgeous looking/tasting cookies and ideal companion for that special cup of tea or coffee anytime.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coconut butter or 1⁄2 cup soft shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, packed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, spices, salt and baking soda together.
- In another bowl cream together shortening, sugar, molasses and eggs.
- Alternately stir flour mixture into shortening mixture.
- Stir in water and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoon 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I made these cookies a while back. I just wanted to mention that I think there's a mistake in the amount of baking soda in the recipe. I ISOed both Mini and Gay but got no response so I entered this comment here in case someone else wanted to try the recipe. I used 1 tsp baking soda the second time around and it made the cookies edible. M&Mers