1/2 Photos of Soft Molasses Cookies
Nanna D's Note:
These are big cake-like cookies - a favourite on the Canadian east coast and definitely an old family recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Grease baking sheets.
- 3Sift together flour, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- 4Cream together shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- 5Add molasses and egg and beat well.
- 6Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with water and vinegar combined, mixing thoroughly.
- 7Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 8Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- 9Bake in moderate (350) oven 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 93.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g