Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
I had these marked as "Awesome" from the last time I made them, so I figured that I had better post them here for others to enjoy. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and eggs, set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients, blending well.
- Gradually mix flour mixture into creamed ingredients until dough is blended and smooth.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and dip in sugar.
- Place 2 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. Do not overbake! The longer you bake them, the harder the cooled cookie will be.
- Store in a tightly covered container.