Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious Maple Nut candy centers from Ideals Candy Cookbook.
Make and share this Soft Maple Creams recipe from Food.com.
- Cook brown sugar, water, and butter to 215 degrees F.
- Add heavy cream slowly so boiling does not stop.
- Cook to 238 degrees F.
- Pour on slab and let candy cool to warm- lukewarm.
- Work with spatula until cloudy and heavy.
- Add marshmallow, invertase, and maple flavor.
- Continue to work until almost set up and then add nuts.
- Let rest until it is easy to handle, then form into 1 inch balls and dip in melted chocolate.
- Makes about 75 centers.