1 hr 10 mins
I found this in various places on the internet. I used the livers from 12 fryer-sized rabbits which I guessed to be about 1.5 lbs. I don't know if rabbit liver is milder than beef or what, but they aren't very smelly. I like more of a playdoh consistency; this is more like a biscuit. My dogs aren't good critics - they'll work for kibble and I'm not sure they even taste treats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 or jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with pan. This stuff really sticks to the pan.
- 2Pulverize livers in blender.
- 3Add eggs and mix.
- 4Add cornmeal, garlic and salt and mix.
- 5Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- 6If harder treats are desired, cut in to desired size and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- 7Store in the refrigerator up to a week or freeze.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Liver Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (2898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2894.4
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 5143.9 mg
- Sodium 4532.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 361.1 g