Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this in various places on the internet. I used the livers from 12 fryer-sized rabbits which I guessed to be about 1.5 lbs. I don't know if rabbit liver is milder than beef or what, but they aren't very smelly. I like more of a playdoh consistency; this is more like a biscuit. My dogs aren't good critics - they'll work for kibble and I'm not sure they even taste treats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 or jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with pan. This stuff really sticks to the pan.
- Pulverize livers in blender.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add cornmeal, garlic and salt and mix.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- If harder treats are desired, cut in to desired size and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator up to a week or freeze.