Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From EatingWell Magazine-December 2006. Note: the recipe was changed to preparation of the dough in an ABM.
- 354.88 ml warm milk (about 120 degrees)
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 59.14 ml safflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml salt
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml wheat germ
- Place all dough ingredients in the bread machine pan in order indicated with your owner's manual.
- Use the DOUGH setting.
- After the cycle is complete, punch down dough and remove from pan.
- On a floured cutting board, shape into rolls and place on two parchment-lined baking pans.
- Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Topping: Whisk the remaining egg (and a little bit of water about 1 tablespoon) in a small bowl, and brush the tops of the rolls with it; sprinkle with wheat germ.
- Bake the rolls until light brown on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Prep time does not include preparing the dough in the ABM.