1/1 Photo of Soft Light Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
From EatingWell Magazine-December 2006. Note: the recipe was changed to preparation of the dough in an ABM.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml warm milk (about 120 degrees)
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 59.14 ml safflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml salt
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 1Place all dough ingredients in the bread machine pan in order indicated with your owner's manual.
- 2Use the DOUGH setting.
- 3After the cycle is complete, punch down dough and remove from pan.
- 4On a floured cutting board, shape into rolls and place on two parchment-lined baking pans.
- 5Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Topping: Whisk the remaining egg (and a little bit of water about 1 tablespoon) in a small bowl, and brush the tops of the rolls with it; sprinkle with wheat germ.
- 8Bake the rolls until light brown on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- 9Prep time does not include preparing the dough in the ABM.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Light Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g