Serve these wonderfully soft breadsticks warm out of the oven, brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Goes really well served with Italian meals. Recipe from Quick Cooking.
- Place all dough ingredients in your bread machine pan according to manufacturers direction.
- Select dough setting.
- When dough cycle is complete, turn out onto floured board and divide dough in half.
- Cut each portion into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a 4 to 6" rope.
- Place 2" apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: Be careful not to overbake or they will become tough.