Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Add in some chopped cranberries to the cookie mixture if desired, and to take these cookies to yet another level sprinkle some chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the icing, adjust the spice amount starting with the lower amount for a mild spice flavor --- if you prefer a harder glaze use Cookie Icing/Frosting That Hardens
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use vanilla or 1 teaspoon each)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (sifted to remove any small lumps)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream (or use milk)
- For cookies; set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour with the next 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl cream butter with both sugars until combined.
- Add in egg and extract beat until fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin puree until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, then flatten slightly with palm of hands.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool then generously drizzle the icing over the top.
- For the icing;. in a bowl combine the confectioners sugar with cinnamon, melted butter; add in cream or milk mixing until smooth and as needed to achieve desired drizzling consistancy.
- Generously drizzle over cooled cookies.
I loved these cookies! I like soft cookies so these were perfect! I want to make another batch so that I can send them in the mail. I couldn't find my recipe for these cookies at Thanksgiving, so will be having them at Christmas! Thanks kitten! I used, at Kitten's suggestion,her http://www.recipezaar.com/Decorator-Cookie-IcingFrosting-That-Hardens-266529 and I think this is one of the very best icings that I've had.