Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this from a cookbook, though I forget which one, after a long search. This recipe makes a wonderful soft cookie, similar to Ostreicher's; perfect for Rosh Hashanah! My KitchenAid only fits 6 cups of flour, so I halve the recipe and use 5 eggs.
- 9 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 cups flour
- Combine all ingredients, kneading well.
- Refrigerate dough for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Form dough into balls; if dough sticks, moisten your palms with a bit of water as needed. Place balls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until cookie bottoms are brown. Do not overbake.
Texture was wonderful, but the dough tasted more flavorful than the cookie. These also bake up huge because of the amount of baking powder. I'll make them again but with less BP and drizzle it with something.
Nice texture, but taste was rather bland. Definitely needed a frosting or something.
These cookies are really yummy. I had some neighbor's kids over, and they couldn't stop eating them! The best part is that they are not overly sweet, and have a nice honey-flavor. They're really great for Rosh Hashana :)