2 hrs 3 mins
I got this recipe off the internet and the pitas came out soft and delicious, especially with homemade hummus! The only things is they took forever to rise because its so cold, so make these in summer or in a warm place. Also, the ziploc bags are so the pitas stay moist, because you don't want these pitas to have pockets, so after putting them in the ziploc bag, press down any pockets that may have formed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1/4 cup warm water (not too hot) and honey in bowl and mix to dissolve honey. Add yeast and stir until combined. Let sit 10 minutes until bubbly.
- 2In separate bowl mix salt and flours. Add yeast mixture and remaining water and mix until well incorporated. Let sit 30 minutes.
- 3Add oil and more water if needed to make the dough moist and hold together well.
- 4Knead well for 5 minutes. Put a little vegetable oil on your hands and rub over dough to prevent cracking. Put dough in bowl, cover with moist towel and let rise for about and hour, or until doubled in size.
- 5Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- 6Divide dough into 12 balls. Roll out to 7-8 inches in diameter, cover with towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
- 7Bake on pizza stone or cookie sheet covered in parchment paper for 3 to 5 minutes, or until puffed and just starting to turn brown around edges.
- 8Remove from oven and immediately place in ziploc bag.
- 9Store in fridge or freezer. To reheat place in 350 F oven for 2 minutes or 30 seconds in microwave on high.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Greek Pita Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 876.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g