Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I got this, but its delicious!!! I like my granola soft to snack on!
- 5 cups oatmeal, dry
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped pecans (1 cup combination nuts) or 1 cup walnuts (1 cup combination nuts) or 1 cup almonds (1 cup combination nuts)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups mixed dried fruit, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oatmeal, wheat germ, sunflower seeds and nuts in large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, water, oil, molasses or honey, salt cinnamon and vanilla in saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients, stirring until well coated.
- Spread granola on 2 large cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven at this point, if you want a soft granola. Bake 15 minutes longer for a crunchy product.
- Cool granola. Add fruit. Store in air-tight containers. Use within 6 months.
really good, I was looking for something soft for my geriatric teeth! my son loved it. used canola instead of corn oil-canola for granola.