Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a loaf of soft tender bread when baked in the bread machine and is so tasty! Can also be shaped into 2 oval loaves or rolls and I have also included the baking time for them.
- 1 cup warm beer (70 -80)
- 1⁄3 cup water (70 -80)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast, 1 package (.25 oz)
- Place all ingredients in machine according to your manufacturer's instructions and let bread bake in breadmaker.
- Or select dough cycle and shape into two oval loaves.
- Place on greased baking sheet, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for about 22 minutes or until done.
- Or shape into rolls, cover and let rise until doubled and bake on a greased baking sheet at 375° for approximately 15 minutes.
I was going to submit this recipe. But, to make sure I didn't double post a recipe I found this one. The only difference in this one and mine, is that mine uses 1 teaspoon of lemon juice as a dough enhancer. This is a very nice, soft, chewy bread with a very nice crust. Perfect for sandwiches. It has a nice flavor to it and although I have only used light colored beers I am sure darker beer would be just as good. The beer flavor is not noticable, if you don't mention it will go un-noticed. The beer adds a certain quality to the bread. It's a very good bread recipe and I highly recomend it. It is the only one I have found on Zaar like mine, thanks a lot Marie....Ha ha, just kidding.
This is a great recipe! Soft, chewy, with a nice crust. But, for those the 2lb loaf machine - DO NOT TRY TO SCALE UP! This loaf expands a lot, so on my first attempt to make this as a 2lb loaf, I burnt it to lid of my machine. Yummy recipe :) Thank you!
Wonderful bread! Soft and delicious. This goes in my "bread" recipe box. Thanks so much!