1/2 Photos of Soft Gingerbread
Topped with whipped cream, this simple dessert is one of my favorite comfort foods. It's quick enough for a weeknight treat, and tastes even better for left-overs! Originally from Esther Shank's Mennonite cookbook and tweaked a bit by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Cream brown sugar and butter thoroughly.
- 3Add eggs and molasses and combine.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda.
- 6Add dry ingredients and water/soda to mixing bowl alternately, mixing well with each addition.
- 7Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- 8Serve with whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 455.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g