Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love the taste of ginger, you'll love these! They are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, with a savory spice of ginger..what? And they're low fat too..Woo hoo!
- 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup crystalized candied ginger
- white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together the molasses, margarine, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the applesauce the egg white, and grated ginger root.
- Mix the dry ingredients evenly.
- Cut the crystallized ginger into smaller pieces, and add as many as you want to the dry mixture.
- Stir everything together, being careful not to overstir.
- Generously coat each ball of dough with white sugar.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.