Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful and soft cookie, that melts in you mouth.
Make and share this Soft Ginger Puff Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in molasses and sour cream.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoons (1-inch apart) on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks; cool.
Nice, easy recipe. I added another 1/2 cup of sugar because the molasses too overpowering, even though I love molasses. Also grated fresh ginger rather than using ground.
The kids and I really enjoyed these. I used whole wheat pastry flour, a mix of raisins and craisins, and pecans instead of walnuts. I also made them huge so I didn't quite get 6 dozen. But they have a lovely subtle flavor and great texture. DS did say he'd like a few more nuts in his next time!