Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are just the best..what more can I say!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
GLOSSY ORANGE FROSTING
- 1 egg white, slightly whisked
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat margarine or butter until softened and light.
- Add egg, beat thoroughly.
- Alternately add reserved flour mixture one-third at a time and sour cream one-half at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Drop dough by tspoonsfuls, about 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheets.( I use parchment paper.
- )Bake in preheated 375* oven 8-10 minutes or set.
- Transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg white and confectioners' sugr. Add melted butter, salt, vanilla and orange extract. Beat till smooth.
- If frosting is too thin, add a little more confectioners sugar; if too thick, add a little more margarine.
- Use this to frost Soft Ginger cookies.
- .Let frosting set before storing.
This cookie was quite nice, but a bit too cake-like for me. It is very sweet, so don't bother with this unless you have a very sweet tooth !