Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Heres a great ginger cookie that wont break your teeth!
- 2 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together brown sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add sugar mixture and blend well.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes-the tops should be cracking and the sides JUST begining to brown.
I made these this past Christmas and am just now getting the time to review them. I thought they were awesome!!! My family loved them. I froze some and they froze beautifully. thanks so much for the recipe its a keeper!