I like this recipe because I like ginger cookies but I do not like the hardness of gingersnaps.
Make and share this Soft Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In large miximg bowl with an electric mixer beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses; beat well.
- Add half the flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in 2 tablespoons sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes or until light brown and puffed.
- Let cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
This is now our favorite cookie. Thanks for posting.
good cookies!!! they weren't as soft as I wanted but that was my fault. I made what I thought were 1 inch balls but I ended up with 52 cookies. My DH says there were great.
LOVED these cookies!!! I don't like hard snaps but love soft ginger cookies...Perfect recipe! I will be making this one alot...thanks so much for posting this!