- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitute)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In large miximg bowl with an electric mixer beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses; beat well.
- Add half the flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in 2 tablespoons sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes or until light brown and puffed.
- Let cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.