Recipe by Sharon123
You'll want to double this recipe, 35 cookies isn't enough. Fact. End of conversation. A Southern recipe!
Top Review by MizzNezz
Oh, these are VERY good!! I followed the recipe exactly. This made a big bowl of batter. I got 68 cookies out of this, and they're big cookies too. So, I don't think I would double the recipe. They taste heavenly, just a bit crisp outside, and the inside is ooohy, chewy, really delicious. These will definitely get made again! Thanks for the recipe!! :-)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tablespoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- extra sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter till softened.
- Beat in sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses, eggs-1 at a time- beating well after each addition, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients, mix two together well.
- Form into 1 inch balls with sugar coated hands, roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350* 11-13 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Take out when center looks a little underdone.