Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Soft and yummy, with canola oil and whole wheat flour for better nutrition.
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- Combine oil, egg, brown sugar and molasses in a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together rest of ingredients, then stir into wet ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablesoon onto ungreased cookie sheets--12 per sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes, then carefully move to wire rack. Cookies will be fragile until cooled.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week, although they usually are gone long before then. Makes 48 cookies, unless you're like us and eat the dough too.
I was very excited to find this recipe since I have to aviod all dairy and soy in my diet. This is such a great recipe...these cookies are soooo tasty. Before baking I rolled the dough into balls and coated with sugar. Very delicious. Thanks!