Recipe by Cookin-jo
These cookies really do stay soft! They are rolled in sugar and the tops crack while baking. I often double the recipe because they go so fast. I think this recipe came from Canadian Living magazine.
Top Review by newbeginningva
My kids loved these cookies! The only suggestion I would have is to put the dough in the frig for about 15 minutes to make it easier to form balls. It's a definite keeper!
- 532.32 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
- The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.
- Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.
- Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.