1/4 Photos of Soft Ginger Cookies
These cookies really do stay soft! They are rolled in sugar and the tops crack while baking. I often double the recipe because they go so fast. I think this recipe came from Canadian Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- 2Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.
- 3Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 4Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- 5Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
- 6The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.
- 7Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.
- 8Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.
- 9Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 88.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g