Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Soft Frosted Cookies recipe from Food.com.
For the Cookies
- 2 1⁄2 large cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2⁄3 cup tbsps sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 -7 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
For the Frosting
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk (as needed for consistency)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit and line a pan with parchment paper. In a med. bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a lg. bowl whisk together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time and incorporate the vanilla and sour cream.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet; mix until well-combined. Chill for 30 minute.
- Roll the dough into balls by the tbsp and place on the prepared cookie sheet, 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack for approximately 8 minutes. Frost and sprinkle (see below for frosting).
- Whisk the sugar and the butter together and slowly incorporate the milk/whipped cream until the frosting holds proper consistency. Add more confectioners sugar and milk as needed. Feel free to add a drop of food coloring to your frosting to be festive.
- Frost the cooled cookies and top with your choice of sprinkles.