1/2 Photos of Soft Fried Shanghai Spicy Noodles with Shredded Pork
This dish uses fresh thick Cantonese or Shanghai egg noodles. They must first be boiled for three to five minutes, drained, then tossed with a little sesame oil to prevent them from sticking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
MARINADE FOR PORK
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste with soybeans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin, rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 onion, cut into 16 segments
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, shredded
- 2 whole green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 lb thick cantonese noodles or 1/2 lb shanghai noodles, cooked
- 1Combine ingredients for marinade.
- 2Add pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3Mix seasoning liquid (soy sauce, water, sesame oil, oyster sauce, chilli paste, sugar, mirin, and cornstarch) and set beside wok.
- 4Heat wok on high heat for 3 minutes and add oil.
- 5Immediately add garlic and ginger, then all the vegetables except green onions and bean sprouts.
- 6Toss and add 1 Tbsp.
- 7water, cover and cook until vegetables are soft, about 1 minute.
- 8Remove lid, then push vegetables to side of wok and add pork.
- 9Cook until no pink remains, then add green onions and bean sprouts, tossing for a few seconds.
- 10Add cooked noodles, toss to mix then stir seasoning liquid to combine cornstarch.
- 11Add to noodles.
- 12Continue tossing for 2 minutes or until completely mixed and sauce is absorbed.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14Serves 2 to 4.
- 15A Basketful of Favorites.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Fried Shanghai Spicy Noodles with Shredded Pork
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.5
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.6 mg
- Sodium 1270.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 44.3 g