Soft Flatbread - Mjukt Tunnbrod
- Crumble yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter.
- Add milk and warm until lukewarm, 99M-0F/37M-0C.
- Dissolve the yeast in a little of the milk mixture. Add the rest of the liquid, salt, sugar, syrup, ammonium carbonate, graham flour, and rye flour to the yeast mixture. Work in the flour.
- Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Divide the dough, which shouldn't be too stiff, into 14 round balls.
- Roll out very thin (1/2 cm or 1/8" thick) preferably using a rippled rolling pin.
- Wrap the thin dough around the rolling pin and brush away any extra flour.
- Carefully place the bread on the stove in a heated frying pan.
- Fry about 2 minutes on each side over medium heat. Place on a cooling rack, cover, and allow to cool.