I took another recipe and changed it to suit my taste and to offer more choices of flavors. I have made this recipe many times and each time it comes out perfect. I hope you enjoy the results as much as we do. Cream Soda, Orange, Mello Yello and Strawberry are our favorites so far.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle carbonated beverages
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
- Combine soft drink and sugar in a heavy sauce pot.
- Bring to boil and boil one minute.
- Add pectin.
- Stirring constantly, bring to another boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into clean hot jars seal with clean hot lids and bans.
- For those who prefer - Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- NOTE: I use and prefer the inversion method for this recipe.
- Cook time is estimate.