Recipe by Monkeygirl1628
Soft great and tastes so, so, so good!
Top Review by MamaDrChef
While I appreciate that Janet put in the directions for tempering the eggs, I have to point out that this recipe is for a soft custard. You do not need to bake it after cooking it, as that would make it a baked custard.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 3/4 cup milk in saucepan, cover and bring to a boiling point.
- Reduce heat.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and remaining milk.
- Add to scalded milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook stirring constantly, until a coating forms on a spoon.
- Remove and cool, add vanilla.
- Serve in tall glasses with whipped cream and coconut or use as a pudding sauce.