Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because it is very flexible allowing you to be very creative in how pretty you make the mints and design the mints to fit the occasion. My sister got this recipe from a friend.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter flavor extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon flavoring
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 drops food coloring (optional)
- sugar (optional)
- your favorite frosting (optional)
- dipping chocolate (optional)
- With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese & peppermint extract. Mix in powdered sugar gradually until smooth. Knead in the last of the powdered sugar with hands. Add food coloring if desired & knead until easily rolled into balls.
- Roll into 3/4” balls. Then, you can roll in sugar if desired. Or -- you can flatten with a juice glass that has a pretty bottom. Or -- you can press them into candy molds. You can then leave them as is, or dip them in chocolate or whip up some frosting & pipe some small flowers & leaves onto them. The possibilities are endless.
- Cover with paper towels & let dry overnight (obviously, you’ll have to figure something out for covering them if you piped a frosting design of sorts onto them). Store tightly covered in refrigerator until serving, or store in freezer for up to 1 month.