Shirl (J) 831's Note:
I have not tried this recipe yet, but my mom makes it often. She got it from a cookbook that was given as a gift to her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, soda,ginger,salt and nutmeg in bowl;set aside.
- 2Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together brown sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- 3Beat in molasses just till blended.
- 4Dissolve coffee in water and add to brown sugar mixture.
- 5Add egg and vanilla;beat just till blended.
- 6Stir in flour mixture just till combined.
- 7Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, about 4 hrs.
- 8Shape dough into balls, using 1 tbsp dough.
- 9Roll balls in sugar.
- 10Place balls 2 inches apart on lightly greased sheet.
- 11Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or till they are crackled on top.
- 12Cookies will be soft to the touch;do not overbake.
- 13let cookies stand for 1 minute on sheets.
- 14Place on rack to cool.
- 15Store in airtight container.
- 16May be frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Coffee Molasses Crackle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 857.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 51.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g