Recipe by UnknownChef86
These soft cookies are almost like little cakes. I like to make them very small, but you can make them larger if you wish. Very good with chocolate icing on top. Note: This is one of the recipes I adopted in the Great 'Zaar Ophan Adoption of 2005. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made these for the Pick Your Chef Cookathon today. These are BEAUTIFUL! I chose to make these as muffins instead of cookies and they've come out wonderful. I baked these at 200C for 22 minutes. I'm so glad I picked you for my Chef;) Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar;add egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to butter/sugar mixture alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes at 400°F; do not overbake.
- Ice with chocolate icing, if desired.