Recipe by theres no i in brit
A lovely, decadent, sweet-smelling treat that will surely leave your house smelling absolutely wonderful by the time you're through baking this. It's a wonderful recipe that will absolutely make you proud! This is a biscotti that although is nice and crispy on the outside, is a bit soft on the inside--fantastic with coffe or a late-night ice cream treat.
Top Review by Chef Joey Z.
I love biscotti and this one is really tasty. I coated it with a chocolate glaze that hardens Recipe # 155392, but the biscotti definitely is good without it. I found this recipe easy to make but I think I'd double it next time. Thanks for the delicious cookie.
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 banana, ripe and mashed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs (one for baking one for white-wash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheet very lightly.
- Sift all-purpose flour and baking powder into large mixing bowl. Then stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine banana, vegetable oil, vanilla, and one egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; mix well with a hand or cookie mixer.
- Fold in raisins.
- On a floured board, scoop mixture onto it and lightly knead.
- Form a 7-8" log onto lightly greased baking sheet. Pat down to 1/2 thickness.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 250°F.
- Remove log from sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together one egg and a bit of water for white-wash, mix.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2-1" pieces, lightly and thinly brush top and centers with white-wash.
- Turn biscotti on their sides and bake at 250ºF for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.