Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy and quick apple cake recipe using ingredients you are most likely to have in your pantry. I came up with it when wanting to make apple cake and didnt have any butter in the house. I hope youll like it as much as we did! :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (more if you like your cake sweet)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground vanilla bean (or use a drop of extract)
- 1 pinch clove, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 3 medium apples, sliced
- In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, oil and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not overmix!).
- Place one layer of sliced apples in a bundt-cake pan. Add remaining apple slices to the dough and stir to combine.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean. If the cake gets too dark on top, cover with a sheet of baking paper.
- Serve warm or cold. I like it plain, but some ice-cream, cream or custard would be lovely, too. :).
This is really wonderful, moist and healthy cake. We loved this caie as this is certainly not too sweet and not to fat.
I coated the cake mold with aluminium foil, but next time I will use some non sticky foil and serve this as an upside down cake.
Thanks a lot for this Speedy Gonzales (superfast) cake!
This really hits the spot on a cool Fall day. My family enjoyed it a lot. It turned out very moist and the flavor is delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Adding a tad more sugar in step 1, gave this a nice flavor to it. Very good texture to this too, as to the moistness. Made no adjustments to this, as it made for a great dessert for all of us. Made for RecipeSwap 42.