1/2 Photos of Soft Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
From the cookbook "A Chocolate Christmas" this is a bit different from the other recipes posted here with the addition of the milk and cinnamon. Makes for a great holiday cookie but also a cookie for anytime of the year - especially lunch boxes! Sometimes I skip the raisins and just add in chopped walnuts or dried cranberries for an even more unique flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (dried cranberries work great too)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt - mix with a whisk.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- 4Beat in the egg.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well.
- 6Add the milk and blend completely.
- 7Stir in the chocolate chips, oats and raisins.
- 8Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- 10Let cool for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 116.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g