Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the cookbook "A Chocolate Christmas" this is a bit different from the other recipes posted here with the addition of the milk and cinnamon. Makes for a great holiday cookie but also a cookie for anytime of the year - especially lunch boxes! Sometimes I skip the raisins and just add in chopped walnuts or dried cranberries for an even more unique flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (dried cranberries work great too)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt - mix with a whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well.
- Add the milk and blend completely.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Loved the flavor of these cookies, especially with the chocolate chips in them. Good cookie, crisp around the edges and soft in the middle. My sons, grandson, niece, and nephews enjoyed these. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.
I add 1 teaspoon cinnamon always goes in my oatmeal. I didn`t measure the chips and raisins just grabbed handfuls and voila yummy cookies. They were on the flat side. Maybe should have been chilled or shortening used to keep them from going flat.
Made for ZWT #8 Team of the Lively Lemon Lovelies. Cheerio
I LOVE the flavor of these. I often make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but it never dawned on me to add cinnamon. To amp the flavor up a bit I used a combination of chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, which was really delish. My cookies spread quite a bit, though, which made for a crispier cookie than I had hoped for. This was quite possibly due to user error! I will still highly recommend the recipe and will definitely give them another shot soon! Made for ZWT 8: The Wild Bunch.