Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A WW recipe, these are wonderful!
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 3⁄4 cup artificial sweetener
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cocoa, smart balance and Splenda in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat to blend. In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
- Shape batter into 48 marble-sized balls. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- (Note: Store extra cookies in freezer-safe containers or plastic bags to maintain their freshness.) Yields 1 cookie per serving.
For some reason my original review didn't show up...so, here goes again ;-) We loved these cookies! They are chewy as stated and they are also just the right amount of sweetness. I will be making these often. They are great for satisfying those chocolate cravings! I did everything according to the recipe except I used 1 generous Tablespoon of dough per cookie instead of a marble size and baked them just a bit longer. Thanks Chef #284771!