Recipe by Deantini
I have this receipe from a friend; and the cookies are to die for and they are really hard to leave alone. I have not tried them with walnuts so I cannot speak for that version.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped I don't use (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for rolling the dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 10 minutes! Add the eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, kosher salt and cocoa powder. Add the flour and cocoa mix to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix together until the dough appears completely combined - about 3 minutes. Add all the walnuts (if using) and chocolate chips and stir them into the dough.
- Roll dough into balls, roll in a plate of sugar (dough is very sticky) place about two inches apart on the sheet, and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (be careful not to overbake) at 350 degrees F. The cookies will appear to be just barely firm with a sheen to their surfaces. Allow to cool on the sheet for about one minute before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.