1/1 Photo of Soft Chocolate Cookie W/Chocolate Chips
I have this receipe from a friend; and the cookies are to die for and they are really hard to leave alone. I have not tried them with walnuts so I cannot speak for that version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped I don't use (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling the dough
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 10 minutes! Add the eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, kosher salt and cocoa powder. Add the flour and cocoa mix to the creamed butter and sugar.
- 4Mix together until the dough appears completely combined - about 3 minutes. Add all the walnuts (if using) and chocolate chips and stir them into the dough.
- 5Roll dough into balls, roll in a plate of sugar (dough is very sticky) place about two inches apart on the sheet, and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- 6Bake for 11-13 minutes (be careful not to overbake) at 350 degrees F. The cookies will appear to be just barely firm with a sheen to their surfaces. Allow to cool on the sheet for about one minute before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Chocolate Cookie W/Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g