Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have this receipe from a friend; and the cookies are to die for and they are really hard to leave alone. I have not tried them with walnuts so I cannot speak for that version.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped I don't use (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for rolling the dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 10 minutes! Add the eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, kosher salt and cocoa powder. Add the flour and cocoa mix to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix together until the dough appears completely combined - about 3 minutes. Add all the walnuts (if using) and chocolate chips and stir them into the dough.
- Roll dough into balls, roll in a plate of sugar (dough is very sticky) place about two inches apart on the sheet, and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (be careful not to overbake) at 350 degrees F. The cookies will appear to be just barely firm with a sheen to their surfaces. Allow to cool on the sheet for about one minute before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Made for PRMR! These cookies are soft, delicious and easy. What's not to like about them? We loved them. Thanks!
Soft, chocolaty deliciousness. These cookies were quick and easy to bake. Thanks for sharing.