Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a modified recipe of the original Toll House recipe for people like me who prefer soft moist cookies not the crumbly and crispy cookies. It may seem like a weird recipe which will take truckloads of time but its really very easy and all worth it,
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- Beat Butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add Brown Sugar and White Sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add Egg, Egg Yolk, Milk, and Vanilla Extract and beat untill well blended.
- Gradually add Flour mixture on low speed until just incorperated.
- Stir in Chocolate chips. Drop in 1-inch balls onto a cookie sheet (DOUGH WILL BE VERY STICKY).
- Bake 6-8 minutes or untill edges are brown. Cool about 3 minutes or until centers are set.
- Eat cookies. ENJOY!
I'm so sorry but these just did not meet my expectations. They taste fine (the kids liked them) but I guess I was expecting a fuller cookie and these just turned out flat. I would suggest lightly spraying the sheets before baking too as they tend to stick. Spring PAC April 08 tag.
I'm all for crispy, but I can get that with biscotti, so these cookies are a very nice, chewy treat! Next time I'd like to try a cup of semi-sweet chips & a cup of dark chocolate ones! Definitely a KEEPER recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]