Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my kids' favorite chocolate chip cookies. They don't stick around too long!
Make and share this Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening, pudding mix, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teasponful and bake 10-12 minutes.
These were excellent! I left out the almond extract and used all butter instead of half shortening and half butter. Could be made with a variety of flavors of pudding and chips. Imagine chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips or butterscotch pudding and chips. I will be making these often and try every possibility!
Wonderfully soft cookies! In fact, they were so soft coming out of the oven, I was paranoid that the first batch was under cooked. But once they cooled alittle they were still soft and very delicious. One variation I did, I used instant chocolate pudding mix and put a chocolate mini-kiss ontop of each cookie before putting in the oven. it made a real chocolate overload!
This goes over the 5 star rating! One recipe gives height to the imagination. I made these and added chopped maraschino cherries and another batch with butterscotch pudding, omitted the almond extract and added coconut flavoring then followed the recipe as posted. What a recipe you gave to us all, Thanks.