Recipe by looneytunesfan
The chicken filling cooks in the slow-cooker, so it’s convenient to throw it together before I leave for work. At the end of the day, I just have to roll it up in a tortilla with the remaining ingredients and dinner’s ready in minutes. The chicken also makes a great topping for salad.
Top Review by Melljoy
This was a very tasty dish. I cooked it in the slow cooker starting it out on high the reduced it to low after about 3 hrs. The meat fell off the bones. Putting the chicken back in the juices after taking it off the bones makes the chicken very moist & full of flavor. I did leave out the worcestershire sauce & forgot to put the onion in but it still tasted great. I will definitely be making this again!
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) broiler chickens or 1 (3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, chilies, onion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired; roll up.