Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was one of my recipes from the Recipezaar account Recipe Adoption. I haven't tried it yet!
Make and share this Soft Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour, mixed with
- salt, and
- pepper, and
- garlic powder, and
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1 cup chicken broth, separated into (2)
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, large in size, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Sauté the garlic, onions and mushrooms with the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once soft, remove the onions and mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside; discard.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and then dredge the chicken through the mixture.
- Place the breasts in the same skillet to cook in the remaining butter/olive oil/mushroom juices; As these juices began to cook off, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and cook until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and set aside;cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Re-add the mushroom/onion mixture to the pan, along with the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth and 2/3 cup beer; sauté the mushrooms just long enough for the flavors to blend and mixture to be reheated.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet; Serve immediately over rice.
This was good. I served each breast over a bed of thickly sliced sautéed mushrooms and onions and served with homemade oven wedges. This is a good weeknight meal - easy to prepare and quick to get on the table. Thank you for adopting and editing this recipe KC, it was fun swapping recipes with you. :)
I am not giving stars because of the changes I made. I used skinless chicken thighs, whole and did not flour them. The sauce did not thicken up to a consistency that I would like to have used over rice. It was a bit rich, probably because of the amount of butter, yet it was a little bland. I was not able to discern any flavors in the sauce except the butter and a bit of lemon juice. The chicken did turn out very moist and tender, which we loved. It was truly a simple recipe to prepare, which is always important to me. I would like to have more garlic flavor and perhaps some crushed red pepper to add some zing! KC, I eagerly await your tweeking of your adopted recipe! Thanks!