1/2 Photos of Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookies
I've searched and searched. I wanted a chewy sugar cookie. Finally found this online by a woman name gale and wow. Hubby and kids just love it, although this isn't for shaping. Just simple round chewy cookies. Yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Add enough of the buttermilk to moisten the dough and make it soft, not wet.
- 4Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. With a brush or fingers, moisten the top of each cookie with the remaining buttermilk and slightly flatten the top of each cookie. Sprinkle with raw sugar or colored sprinkles. You can also roll the cookies in the sugar sprinkles before baking.
- 5Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pale golden. Make sure you don't overcook or it won't be chewy! Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g