Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Best raisin cookie I've found. This recipe makes a lot. You'll be glad!!
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Put raisins and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cook on low 4 min, set aside.
- Cream shortning, gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ing.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Blend well.
- Stir in nuts and raisins with juice.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased sheets.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 12 minutes.
Very nice raisin cookie. I only had a 1/2 cup of walnuts so that's all I used. I would also recommend letting the raisin mixture cool before you add it to the batter. I didn't and it made my batter very runny so I stuck it in the fridge to cool it down. The cookies baked up fine but it took a lot longer since I had to wait for the batter to cool before I could bake the cookies.