Best raisin cookie I've found. This recipe makes a lot. You'll be glad!!
Make and share this Soft Chewy Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Put raisins and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cook on low 4 min, set aside.
- Cream shortning, gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ing.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Blend well.
- Stir in nuts and raisins with juice.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased sheets.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 12 minutes.
Very nice raisin cookie. I only had a 1/2 cup of walnuts so that's all I used. I would also recommend letting the raisin mixture cool before you add it to the batter. I didn't and it made my batter very runny so I stuck it in the fridge to cool it down. The cookies baked up fine but it took a lot longer since I had to wait for the batter to cool before I could bake the cookies.