Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from my daughter's Home Ec class. She brought a sample home after they made them. They are nice and soft, a little chewy, and very tasty. I would think you should be able to change it up to suit your family. Try craisins with white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, other dried fruits. Don't add too much or your granola bars will not have enough "glue" to hold together! They will stay soft for a few days if well wrapped.
- Cut butter into oats, sugar & wheat germ until it is crumbly.
- Stir in corn syrup & honey, mix till well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips & coconut.
- Press into greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes, till golden.
- Cool 15 minutes & cut into 16 bars.