This recipe is from my daughter's Home Ec class. She brought a sample home after they made them. They are nice and soft, a little chewy, and very tasty. I would think you should be able to change it up to suit your family. Try craisins with white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, other dried fruits. Don't add too much or your granola bars will not have enough "glue" to hold together! They will stay soft for a few days if well wrapped.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butter into oats, sugar & wheat germ until it is crumbly.
- 2Stir in corn syrup & honey, mix till well combined.
- 3Stir in chocolate chips & coconut.
- 4Press into greased 8 x 8 pan.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes, till golden.
- 6Cool 15 minutes & cut into 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft & Chewy Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g